WorkCover & TAC

If you develop health issues at work or in a road accident, then you might be entitled to receive medical treatment under WorkCover or Transport Accident Commission (TAC). This is sometimes great, but occasionally inconvenient. In normal circumstances, your illness is a private matter between your and your doctor. But WorkCover and TAC become interested parties when they are involved and will expect to know about your illness, treatment, and progress.


Therefore, your information may not remain completely private between you and your doctor. Moreover, they may investigate your condition on their own, may ask you to undertake an independent assessment, or may ask you to take part in occupational rehabilitation. I advise to discuss issues around WorkCover and TAC when you see your doctor.